Friday, September 26, 2014

Gint-A-Cuffs VI: FINISH HIM!

*insert Mortal Kombat music and sound effects*

Alright, 6 packs left. Lets DO THIS!

Pack 19:

Giancarlo Stanton
George Brett
Marashino "Cherry" Tanaka : -1
Matt Harvey
Michelle Kang
Ken Griffey Jr SP : +2
PPs Miguel Cabrera : +2
Mini SP Ian Kinsler : +3

Pack Total: +6
Running Total: +140

Analysis: Got my first SP mini! Yay!

Pack 20:

Ryne Sandberg
Felix Doubront
Shin-Shoo "Choo Choo!" Choo
Carlton Fisk
Ozzie Smith
Tim Raines
Natural Wonders Sailing Stones of Racetrack Playa : +2
A&G Flag Back Mini of Salvador Perez : +10

Pack Total: +12
Running Total: +152

Analysis: Flag back mini. 'Nuff said.

Pack 21:

Craig Kimbrel
Cal Ripken Jr.
Anthony Robles
James Shield
Andre Dawson
Sony Gray SP : +2
PPs Anthony Rizzo : +2
Mini SP of Paul Konerko : +3

Pack Total: +7
Running Total: +159

Analysis: Yeah, I'm getting tired... these posts need to be spread out over days, not crammed into a single night. Ouch!

Pack 22:

Felix Hernandez
Chuck Todd
David Wright : +2
Nick Castellanos
Jordan Burroughs
Darryl Strawberry
PPs Chris Sale : +4 (PP, FP)
Mini Matt Moore

Pack Total: +6
Running Total: +165

Analysis: Heeyyyy, check it out! Two FP's! That's like... more than the rest of the box! Or at least tied to it. Weak sauce...

Pack 23:

Willie Stargell
Eddie Matthews
Aramis Ramirez
Polar "I'ma Survivor!" Vortex SP : +2
PPs Starlin Castro : +2
*Bonus Hit!!!* Cyan Printing Plate of Giancarlo Stanton : +14
Mini A&G Back Jim Calhoun : +2

Pack Total: +20
Running Total: +185

Analysis: Hey! Can't complain about a bonus hit! I guess those jacked up boxes can sometimes go in your favor, or something? If I can some out squeeze 15 points out of this last pack... yeah, that's not happening.

Pack 24:

Vladimir Guerrero
Didi Gregorius
Brian McCann
Yu Darvish : +2
Jorge Posada : -1
Mike Mussina SP : +1 (SP, Yankee)
PPs David Ortiz : +2
Mini Larger Than Life - Davy Crockett : +3

Pack Total: +7
Funning Total: +192



So there you have it kiddos. Another failure of a year, minus some cool hits. Next year... there is a special surprise. Lets just say I already know who my favorite player is going to be. Mark my words!

Analysis: So, picking Felicia Day probably wasn't the BEST pick in the world, I could have done better with a different pick I suppose. Ugh. Like, Jim Rice as my favorite player would have given me 60 points vice 20. That would have been nice, right? I'll just dream on.

Obligatory Picture:


Also, I found proof of my terrible relic... and other missing cards. Enjoy?



Selfie (With previously unpictured box topper...):


I'm enthused. I promise.

FINAL SCORE: 197 (Adjusted for Selfie)

That's all for this year. Until next time, keep it in the family.

-GG

No comments:

Post a Comment