Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ugh! You had ONE JOB! (Packs 21-24)

Well folks, we're into the home stretch here. The folks at Quality Control had ONE JOB and that was Quality Control, and the quality of the collation in this box, along with the appropriate number of cards is awful. I think the Ginter Mafia needs to pay them a visit to take care of this problem.

Pack 21:


Shelby "It's" Miller "Time" +1 Favorite Team
Evan Longoria
Jurickson Profar
Bryce Harper +2 Other FP
Mike "No" Joy
Barry Melrose
Across the Years: Andy "Can I have my human steak petite" Pettite +1 (+2 AtY, -1 Yankee)
Heavy Hangs the Head: Solomon +3

Pack Total: +7

Running Box Total: +163

That was a solid pack. A Cardinal, some other persons favorite player, a crappy Yankee, and a mini insert.

Pack 22:


Cal "Iron Horse" Ripken Jr.
David "Big Papi" Ortiz
Matt Garza
Johnny "Don't" Bench "Me"
Joe Morgan
Across the Years: Jason Kipnis +2
Base Mini: Whitey Ford -1

Pack Total: +1

Running Box Total: +164

OK, so I get shorted a card and I only get a single point out of the pack. Did I mention Topps Quality Control HAD ONE JOB!?

Pack 23:


Monty "Let's Make A Deal!" Hall
Jason "Not a SP This Time" Dufner
Freddie "I need a new hairdo" Roach
Chrissy "I am hotter than you" Teigen
Ryan "At least I'm not Jordan" Zimmerman
Martial Mastery: Amazons +3
Ruben Tejada SP +2
A&G Ad Back Mini: Hanley Ramirez +2

Pack Total: +7

Running Box Total: +171

Hokay so that pack was a lot better than the previous. I mean, come on. At least I got the right number of cards. This is not looking good, kids.

Pack 24:


Ed "Married with Children" O'Neil
McKayla "I'm not impressed with this Gint-A-Cuffs Box" Maroney
Robin "I make it look like I get hit by a" van "every time I fall down on the field" Persie
Kevin "Speed Demon" Harvick
Henry "Not a SP This Time" Rollins
Panama "Order of the Ditch" Canal
Across the Years: Jurickson Profar +2
A&G Ad Back Mini: Babe Ruth +1 (+2 A&G Ad Back, -1 Yankee)

Pack Total: +3

Final Box Total: +174

I think Ms. Maroney has it right there. I am not impressed in the least with this box.

So we had at least 3 packs there missing 7 cards when they should have 8. If there was a relic or auto, it will only have 7 cards, so we knew that, but we can only wonder what those 3 missing cards were. Jon Jays? Cardinals? Yankees? Who knows. Thanks a lot Topps.

I'll go ahead and follow this up tomorrow with a summary and overall feelings about this year's Gint-A-Cuffs experience.

Until then, keep it in the family.

-GG

2 comments:

  1. Love your Panama "Order of the Ditch" Canal comment. I have my certificate sitting at home yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, unfortunately, have only been initiated into the Solemn Mysteries of the Ancient Order of the Deep as a trusty, honorable Shellback. But I'm glad the reference is not lost :-)

      Delete