Monday, July 27, 2015

2015 Ginter and Gint-A-Cuffs

Right, so having let the dust settle I figured it would be worth a post prior to the Gint-A-Cuffs Shenanigans. I should be able to get this year's break filmed, but as I stated previously I'll post the video at the END (or the middle... something. Not sure quite yet) as though not to spoil the fun. Maybe I'll do it in segments. Some fancy editing? We'll see.

SO! 2015 Ginter. How does it look. I think it looks great. Very similar design to last year. It can be a little confusing with 2014 buybacks (are they even really buybacks? I mean, they probably didn't even have to buy them back... just grab some from the stock room). I really like the framed mini buybacks that fall 1 per box. Those little plastic frames are just so sharp and having a neat little mini that could be literally anything is just fun. It's like an extra hit!

The Ginter Wife over at A Time for Sorrow and a Time for Joy, has signed up for Gint-a-Cuffs once more this year, since we had a case that we've (mostly) ripped together. It wasn't too had to have the Ginter Toddler pick out two boxes before we started ripping and have them set aside for Gint-a-Cuffs purposes. Based on what the rest of the case had, I think he is trying to have me finish in dead last again. I only say that because I suspect one of the two boxes set aside for Gint-a-Cuffing are going to be short a hit. That's an automatic 10 points down. A significant handicap to say the least! But I'm going to remain optimistic. At least that it is in the Ginter Wife's box and not mine. Hah!

That being said, if anyone is interested in trading, I will have endless dupes of full-sized inserts and endless dupes of base cards available. In particular I'll be looking for minis and Base Card #30. If you want to trade relics and autos, I'll gladly take them off your hands in exchange for dupe hits from previous years or other autos/relics from baseball/football/basketball that I have.

That's all I have for now. Oh, I'll have a special warm-up box break of Panini Clear Vision football to share (I think?) in about a week or so. I say I think because I'm under the impression I won a contest over at The Knight's Lance from about a week ago. There could be another person who used the exact same first name and last initial as I did to sign their post. But I don't think so. I know it isn't Ginter (le gasp! GG, you don't exclusively collect Ginter? Nope, sorry my friends... a wise Easter Bunny does not put all his eggs in one basket for he may trip over a toddler's toys and crack them all!) but I do encourage people to broaden their collecting horizons.

Anyways, that's all for now. As always, keep it in the family.

-GG

No comments:

Post a Comment