Monday, July 27, 2015

A Pack Review - 2015 Ginter

Right. So. All of this talk about 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter but we have yet to actually give any examples of what the product looks like. Lets take a peek shall we? I've set aside this single pack from those remaining in my non-Gint-a-Cuffs boxes for this purpose as part of an on-going contest over at Bubba's Blog 

The "goods"

Yep. A fairly standard pack. Mr. Trout's face was the first to greet me, which is always nice to be greeted by a smile. Nothing gets me more than a baseball card with a guy who is frowning or something on it. YOU PLAY PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL FOR A LIVING! YOU SHOULD BE SMILING! Unless it is an action shot of exertion, it's hard to smile when you're exerting yourself. But otherwise, smile.

Next up is Darren Rovell, a sports writer. He graduated from Northwestern University in 2000, but he's from New York. So he's basically a Yankee. You know how Yankees are treated on this blog.

How about that Bartolo Colon? The guy hit like doubles in back to back games. What would have been a triple for most guys and an in-the-park HR for the likes of Billy Hamilton, he got to 2nd base. But he didn't have to slide. What a guy. And he's smiling!

David Price was next sporting his schnazzy Detroit Tigers uniform. Good for him. Exertion shot, so he's excuse from smiling. A note on the design, it is very similar from last year. I would have preferred a bit more to differentiate the two. Heaven forbid I should accidentally mix a stack of the two years together. They'll never get sorted out. Also, in past years David would be a SP. Unfortunately, we cut out SP's this year to... save money!? I don't know. Moving on.

Right! A little birdie told me Chris Tillman is up next. Get it? He plays for the Orioles? Birdie told me? Yeah. Getting cheesy here. 

Didi Gregorious plays for the Yankees. No comment except BOOOOOOOOOOO.

I don't even get to boast about my mini, because it's another damn Yankee. Friggin' Jacoby Ellsbury. A traitor from Boston. A turncoat! Throwing tea in the harbor then joining the enemy. What gives man?

Last but not least we have Nelson Cruz Starting Points. As a Brewer. I really do enjoy these 100-card insert sets each year. They provide a solid chase to put together the set and are usually loaded with good names and decent artwork. Like, Nelson Cruz.

That's all I've got for now. Sorry there were no hits. The box was pretty much dead so I wasn't expecting much. But, at least I've given you a glimpse at what Ginter looks like... for us normal people who don't hit five booklet cards in one pack. 

On a final note, I'd be starting out in the red if this were a Gint-a-Cuffs pack. Maybe things are looking up for this contestant since I didn't get stuck with this dud of a pack?

You never know...

Until next time, keep it in the family.

-GG

No comments:

Post a Comment